Fitting Steering Wheel

Evening,

Seems like such a daft question but could someone help me with whats required to get my steering wheel attached to the car please as I am losing the will to live.  Perhaps its just me but I find it very vague on exactly what is required!

At the moment I have a standard Sierra wheel and column working and attached to car.  I have purchased a replacement OMP wheel, which has 6 holes in it at 70 mm PCD (from that I read pretty standard).

I already have a Mountney Steering Wheel Boss which I purchased from GBS three years ago, at the time I think they may have sent the wrong part but I cant remember.  It is part number SB110 from Springalex and it is 100 mm PCD.

I would like a quick release steering wheel.   What are my options?  Does this for example attach to what I already have? https://www.kitspares.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=699&search=quick+release

OMP also make  what the call a hub package but trying to find the right one is proving difficult.

Thanks!

Edited by danielbrookes

Do you really need a detachable 'wheel?  Never had any bother with Florin in the last 8 years & the only anti-thieft device is the steering lock --- if I remember to remove the keys.  £120 is a lot of money, why not make or have made an adaptor plate to fit your new 'wheel to the boss in the pics? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fry61 said:

Do you really need a detachable 'wheel?  Never had any bother with Florin in the last 8 years & the only anti-thieft device is the steering lock --- if I remember to remove the keys.  £120 is a lot of money, why not make or have made an adaptor plate to fit your new 'wheel to the boss in the pics? 

Great idea, looks like I can get one for £40 as well: https://www.msar.co.uk/steering-spacers/bg-racing-steering-wheel-adaptor-momo-nardi-to-mountney-moto-lita.html

You are probably right with the quick release it is a nice to have and an expensive one at £120.

Edited by danielbrookes

Just a word of caution , make sure the adaptor go's from a large p.c.d. to your OMP wheel NOT the other way round.

You will need to remove the horn slip ring from the Sierra wheel and refit to your boss. 

• Thanks 1