Fame at last!

nelmo

Anyone got the CKC magazine? On page 14, they have an article on Stoneleigh, with a photo of our stand front and centre AND (obviously more importantly), my car right slap bang in the middle! 🙂

This is about as famous as I get...😉

20190530_113822.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah, he definitely didn't choose that photo for the polish on my car (there is none!) - I'm guessing the title on the picture links to the 'GBS Zero' sticker on the back of my car? And the clock tower looks good...

2 hours ago, alanrichey said:

Are your rear lights legal ?  I thought they had to be red glass even if the bulb is red ?

Ive seen them for sale on CBS and Kit spares, I was possibly looking to change mine to clear so I assume they are ok

4 hours ago, alanrichey said:

I’m next to you so I will bask in the glory as well 😀   Are your rear lights legal ?  I thought they had to be red glass even if the bulb is red ?

Er...don't know - never thought about that. If anyone knows for sure, would be glad to hear...I'm pretty sure I've seen tintops with clear rear lenses but I could be wrong. 

Edit: the official rules ( http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/12/made) just say, "colour: red" but that presumably means the colour when on - there is no mention of lens colour or  colour when off.

Edited by nelmo

My old vectra had clear indicator lenses and yellow bulbs as fitted new by GM, never had a problem.

I have failed a MOT on a cracked rear light showing some white, a bit of red tape proved a leagle fix.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, nelmo said:

Er...don't know - never thought about that. If anyone knows for sure, would be glad to hear...I'm pretty sure I've seen tintops with clear rear lenses but I could be wrong. 

Edit: the official rules ( http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/12/made) just say, "colour: red" but that presumably means the colour when on - there is no mention of lens colour or  colour when off.

have seen similar on buses so if ok for them ok for me!