Engine issues finally overcome

jmspec

Since passing the SVA a few months ago I've not been able to drive my car properly because of heating issues.

Last week I finally fathomed out my errors and did a bit of re jigging of the pipes.

On the test run the temp stayed just under 90 degrees even driving on a duel carriage way which would have gone up above 100 previously.

On the same run the car just wouldn't pull and seemed to have no more acceleration than a normal family car.

Yesterday I finally found time to connect the laptop up to the Emerald ECU and found I had no feedback from the throttle position sensor. During my work on the water pipes I must have disturbed the plug. A quick fix and then another test run.

I have 3 maps on the ECU, emissions, low boost and high boost.

I have never tried the high boost as the car simple wasn't ready or run in. 

Low boost runs at 0.4 bar and high at 1.1. Wow what a difference that makes. It actually felt like the front wheels lifted although I'm sure they didn't 

I can actually start to enjoy the car now and attend some events in it.

Jez

• Like 1

I think it was a k3 from memory but I will check tomorrow when I take her out as it was quite a few years since I bought it.

Emerald supplied the initial map to get her started and then it was quite easy to tinker with.

i went the full way with a wide band lambda.

The final mapping was done by John Sleath who defiantly knows his stuff.

I can let you have a copy of the 3 maps I have as I'm sure it would be a good start as it's only the boost which is different