Robin Hood 2B

Guest Paddy1970

Guest Paddy1970

Hi chaps, i'm building a Hood project which will be replacing my current 2B which i have owned and maintained for the last two years and upgraded along the way, so i think the time has come to sell the 2B to make way for the new one.

In the last two years she has been a joy to own and given me so much pleasure, it will be a sore loss when she goes, but hopefully the new one i am building will fill that gap.

The engine is a 1.6 Pinto, which doesn't burn any oil, and is mechanically perfect, so oil leaks or noises, compression is perfect across all four, this is mated to the usual 5 speed type 9.

Last year i carried out a bike carb conversion, using carbs from a ZX10 and it was one of the best mods i've ever done, she starts and runs perfectly, idles perfectly and pulls well through the rev range, i am a vehicle technician by trade so did all of the work myself, rejetted/balanced etc.

The entire braking system has been overhauled, new drums/shoes/cylinders on the rear, new discs/pads and brand new Sierra 2.8 calipers on the front.

Last year i fitted freshly refurbed split rim 5 spoke wheels which were on a Dax Rush with brand new tyres, which have done less than 1000 miles since fitting.

I carried out a walnut dash conversion recently which really sets her off instead of the leather covered steel one before and added a useable glovebox. The pics of the dash were taken during construction and have since been finished off, all Period Smiths gauges fitted and working which include Oil pressure/volts/fuel gauge/water temp/Vacuum and Amps. The speedo and tacho are new modern units with a period style.

She has about 9 months MOT and flew through this year with perfect emissions too.

I'm looking for £4500, which i feel is a good price for such a well sorted and looked after 2B, she's a stunner in my opinion and a real joy to own.

Serious enquiries only please, viewing highly recommended and test drives welcomed.

PbSp3XP.jpg

W7zNIaa.jpg

efBOxUS.jpg

FDBaRu0.jpg

nsbOLcb.jpg

ovqruSA.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Big G

Hi Paddy 1970

Just seen your ad and am very impressed with the car you are advertising. I live about a three hour drive from you so could you tell me when it is available for viewing if it has not been sold. I am able to come over virtually any time.

Regards

Graham

Guest Paddy1970

Hi Steve, i used to fit my Aeroscreen for MOT then revert back to fixed afterwards, slightly naughty but it was my workaround, if i had kept it long term i would have added the wipers/washers.