Suspension bushes

MarkBzero

Hi technical experts,

I need new suspension bushes for Ford based Zero, I have used GBS ones but they have appear to failed after 1200 miles. 

Does anyone know of another supplier who sells them? Maybe better material. 

They have elongated so the sleeve/tube is loose. I think the front went because I am extreme geometry set up, knackered a new tyre in less than 400 miles and rear I am guessing it was caused by my diff locking up. It was so tight when it failed I could not turn by hand. 

Or I just had a poor bunch, who knows!

If they are standard bushes the tubes are only mild steel, and can rust if not greased well. and yes they will then act like files.

You can replace like for like with GBS ones, or there is another alternative, but not cheap, but they use stainless steel tubes, I can help with the price if you are interested, because that is what  do now.

PM me

44 minutes ago, knights_templar said:

If they are standard bushes the tubes are only mild steel, and can rust if not greased well. and yes they will then act like files.

You can replace like for like with GBS ones, or there is another alternative, but not cheap, but they use stainless steel tubes, I can help with the price if you are interested, because that is what  do now.

PM me

Will do, thank you. 

12 hours ago, fry61 said:

When the bushes are replaced -- look at fitting grease nipples to the outer tubes -- did this to Florin's 'bones when built & no sign of wear at 53K.

I agree, once upon a time in the army we had grease nipples on almost everything including Sargent Majors backside.