Build plans / advice

Guest Sophie Taylor

Guest Sophie Taylor

Hi everyone we have a Robin Hood 2b kit car that needs building,  wondering if anyone has any build plans or advice or how or where to start?? Please can anyone offer advice 

It's a bit of a vague question - did the 2B come with a build manual? I know my Zero did not - I relied on reading lots of blogs from other builders and talking to the factory. You could try asking GBS  (they took over Robin Hood) - I know they have a factory build order for the Zero because they sent it to me (can't find it now).

GBS will have nothing for the 2B as they have moved on to other things now.  There was no physical build manual but VHS tapes that have since been put up on YouTube, as mentioned above.

Other then the videos, this forum is the biggest source of knowledge of the 2B you will find.

There was an article published by an engineer ( who also built large live steam locomotives ) who detailed the complete build of a 2b. Unfortunately I cannot remember his name , or find the file which contains the print-out I used in the workshop while building Florin. This was back in 2008/11 during her build.

Hopefully someone with a better memory will shed more light.