Emigrating at last.

fry61

We have finally managed to escape & emigrate to CORNWALL.  We have sold our patch in Hampshire & traded down to a 2 bed bungalow & smaller garden --- with a garage & a BIG BARN in a village just to the west of the Tamar valley.  All our friends in Rhocar are welcome to pop in for tea & cake, just shout on here & we'll arrange for a natter.

As I am no longer any where near Hampshire or Dorset it's time to offer the area secretaries reins to another member --- it was an interesting time, now for something completely different -- we are taking our boat to France in September when other members are together in their french holiday home. 

All the best,regards Bob & Sylvia. 

Blimey you don't do things by halves do you! 

Most people your ages are winding down but you're revving up for some new adventures. Have a great time and thanks for all you've done for the club over the years. 

Emigrate?! 🙂 

Well done - I would just like to have a patch like yours in Hampshire - moving from one great place to another.

Taking the boat to France? Is that the steam-driven thing (excuse my ignorance)? Can that go across the Channel? 😮 

11 hours ago, nelmo said:

Emigrate?! 🙂 

Well done - I would just like to have a patch like yours in Hampshire - moving from one great place to another.

Taking the boat to France? Is that the steam-driven thing (excuse my ignorance)? Can that go across the Channel? 😮 

200 psi steam driven engine, yes. Crossing the Channel, no; Brittany Ferries & their big diesels take us over.  We shall be on the Loire at Orleans for their bi-annual festival of the river, all ferries & hotels paid for we just need fuel for the tow car. 

• Like 2