Is this actually an Exmo?

phaeton

Guys, Just sold my Formula 27 & now looking for another kit, saw this one on Fleecebay which ticks my boxes as no engine/box & needing some work, but the front suspension doesn't look like Exmo if I compare it with another for sale, along with the article about the bracket cracking, has it been modified or had a V5C swap?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-7-Exmo-wide-body-kit-car-like-Westfield-dax-locust-7-track-race-road/183870508231

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Not-Westfield-Not-Caterham-Robin-Hood-Lotus-7-replica/352705916953

It could well be an Exmo. It’s a monocoque chassis and from pictures 9 onwards it looks like the front end buttresses have been cut off and a double wishbone suspension has been fitted.  Check that there’s sufficient strengthening on the chassis. 

I would concur that it's a cut-up/modified Exmo; basically you can see where the sliding engine tray panels have been chopped about in the engine bay. As said above, the front buttresses have been chopped off and more conventional wishbones fitted (not a bad thing at all, assuming they've been done correctly!)

• Thanks 1

Thanks Guys, I think I'll go look tomorrow night, not too far away, I wasn't going to entertain it if it was a SVA/IVA dodger, I think he's being a little optimistic with the price, but I am a natural Yorkshireman.