2b sliding pillar conversion kitspares

Guest Phill Blundell

Guest Phill Blundell

Hi,

Does any one have any experience of the 2b sliding pillar to wishbone conversion available from kitspares? Or can recommend a welder to attach the brackets in the North West (I’m Wigan based).

Does the kit come with drawings? - how easy was it etc.

I recently picked up my 2b as I dip my toe into the exciting world of kit cars. But the state of the local roads has resulted in the inside of the wheels being gouged by the bottom of the suspension.🤨

Didn’t spot it when looking at the car - but then I haven’t checked the back wheels to see if they were swapped prior to sale 🤔

I’ve just picked up a spare Pinto with ported head. FR32 cam and GPZ600 carbs and manifold, but I’d  better sort this first! 

Guest ppuk1967

I will follow your post with interest as I have a 2b with sliding pillars which has failed it’s MOT and I’m looking for spares and advice!

Guest Phill Blundell

Hi all, I’ve bit the bullet and ordered the kit from kitspares....they say say it comes with a dvd with some photos on.

Hopefully this will be enough to work out where to mount the brackets etc.

Does anyone know what I should set the KPI angle too. I guess tracking should just be 1-2 degrees toe in?

regards,

Phill

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest salty_monk

I had a sliding pillar and then a full wishbone type, the wheel damage eventually happens on all the of the pillar type. Either the springs go soft or you drive harder... 

I would say it's the single most effective mod for that model, especially if you want to run any track days...