Newbie!

Martyn_d

Hi all, just thought I would say hi. Im a newbie to the robin hood scene having recently purchased a lovely 2b, I am based in the north east!

I hope I can share knowledge as I am a fully qualified mechanic although im here now to hopefully hear advice from all you experienced people!! 

Im looking to swap my 1600 pinto for something with abit more grunt, now I have a Vauxhall redtop engine in my garage how many have done this conversation Vs a ford engine conversation? Any advice would be awesome! 

Thanks!!

Hi Martyn. Good to have you on board. There are quite a few red top conversions and I'm sure someone will be able to help shortly. 

There are also some vxr turbo nutters about too

Andi 

Edited by Andi
Name

Thanks Andi! 

Vxr sounds awesome! But scary, I just want a fast road car so im weighing up zetec or redtop options.... Zetecs seem quite difficult to find now though! 

Look forward to hearing from others experiences

Harder to come by now but if you already have one do it! Mine is as simple as you can get with a distributor and twin 45 carb's but makes good power and is a good engine to drive with loads of torque. I didn't do the original installation on mine but I did re-engine mine with a much better unit and replaced many bits and pieces associated with it so may be able to anewer some questions.