Hampshire / Dorset area meet up (Sept?)

Guest SFX-Joe

Guest SFX-Joe

Hello guys and gals,

I see most of the meets on here seem to be hours north of me who is stuck here on the south coast. I was wondering if any members were based near me, I am between Bournemouth and Southampton....

Anyway, reason for posting is hoping to get a few fellow RH or kit owners together for a run around the New forest and maybe take in Zig Zag Hill in the process. I may even be tempted to drag the drone and cameras out and make a short little video of the outing if people are happy to do a few drive bye for the drone and so forth. 

Let me know if your local and if you would be up for a run around. I can draw up a route on TomTom Drive once I know where people are based and go from there...

Will be great if you can pick up where I left off as Hants & Dorset Secretary --- this run would be a great start --- we are now living in Cornwall so are a little far away to continue arranging meets & BBQ's etc.

Guest SFX-Joe
6 hours ago, fry61 said:

Will be great if you can pick up where I left off as Hants & Dorset Secretary --- this run would be a great start --- we are now living in Cornwall so are a little far away to continue arranging meets & BBQ's etc.

I would be more than happy to do so. Let me know if there were any regular or annual meets you used to do in this area or any other relevant stuff from when you were in the area and I will see what I can do.

Hi Joe, we had an annual BBQ for the club which was held in our Hampshire garden, ran it every year for the past 10/11?  We had plenty of room for loads of cars/people & hired a porta-loo with club funds.  Runs out & monthly meets were arranged for differing venues/pubs/local attractions.  We sometimes joined up with SKCC or Apple County --- had a thrash around Wales with SKCC & Lyme Regis/Bath & West Show with ACKCC.

Put a post to one of the management on here,they already know I have moved to the far reaches of the known world; they will tell the knobs & whistles of being an area secretary.

Guest SFX-Joe

Sounds great. I run out with SKCC front time to time so that's a good start!

I will drop one of the admins out a message and go from there. I can't host an event at mine but I can certainly find somewhere suitable to do so for a annual BBQ or similar im sure!

I am sure I will be in touch!