Superspec Ball Joints

William Brown

Top ones are Transit Drag Link, freely available on E-Bay.    Bottom ones are Peugeot,  QH part QSJ972 or QSJ972S (http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/617545005)

I've attached a spreadsheet that covers all the parts we have figured out so far.

Superspec Parts List-AR.xls

No problem.  we have enough information on the Superspec to write a book so don't hesitate to ask if something isn't clear.   I would also suggest you read my blog (link in the signature) which details everything I have done in the 6 years I have had mine, much of which is fixing design faults.

1 hour ago, bullfist said:

My same query from years ago (duplicates the responses to this topic):

A very good point.   Before posting a question you really should do a search to see if the answer has been given before (90% chance it has 😀).    You have to be specific though, if you just search for Superspec then you get 2000 posts.   If you search for Superspec clutch you get 5,600.  But if you search for "Superspec clutch" (Note the inverted commas" you will get 21 posts all of which are essential reading.

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff.   Your engine was originally intended for a 1995 non-turbo, non-aircon, manual transmission  Rover 800.    That means you have the identical engine to AndyW, so he should be your first port of call on engine matters.

I thought for one moment that you had the newest engine of all of us, but in fact I still hold that position, my engine came off the production line about 650 engines after yours.   But it does mean you have all the 1994 upgrades (improved valves and a composite head gasket).

Your next step is to use my analysis software to check that all your sensors are working correctly.  See http://www.rmrsoft.com/mems/index.htm .  My spare data cable is with another owner at the moment but I am expecting it back soon.

Al