Sign in to follow this  
William Brown

Superspec Ball Joints

hi guys  some info i have super spec, need  ball joints  in need of renewing  so can anybody please help,,,,,,reg  rx05ddy

Edited by richyb66
Title made more relevant

Top ones are Transit Drag Link, freely available on E-Bay.    Bottom ones are Peugeot,  QH part QSJ972 or QSJ972S (http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/617545005)

I've attached a spreadsheet that covers all the parts we have figured out so far.

Superspec Parts List-AR.xls

No problem.  we have enough information on the Superspec to write a book so don't hesitate to ask if something isn't clear.   I would also suggest you read my blog (link in the signature) which details everything I have done in the 6 years I have had mine, much of which is fixing design faults.

Al, I have a new pair of bottom ball joints with a thread of around 38mm, are these Superspec ones?

No idea, I have never had to change mine so don't know what the thread is.   This what they look like

Image1.jpg.c461f6074e4d5c177ace6f6b8d7c3276.jpg

They do look like that! thanks

If they are of use to anyone let me know.

Edited by Peter Bell

William:    If you let me know your engine number (it's on the V5) I can tell you what Rover model the engine was originally destined for.  Makes ordering spares a lot easier.

e bay item 333295680992 £7.74 delivered

1 hour ago, bullfist said:

My same query from years ago (duplicates the responses to this topic):

A very good point.   Before posting a question you really should do a search to see if the answer has been given before (90% chance it has 😀).    You have to be specific though, if you just search for Superspec then you get 2000 posts.   If you search for Superspec clutch you get 5,600.  But if you search for "Superspec clutch" (Note the inverted commas" you will get 21 posts all of which are essential reading.

hi  al,    my engine no not in v5  looked but to awk to get at and to old to be lyin on floors,,,,,,anyway i,ve got the other stuff to be going on with

No problem.   A bit surprising though, I thought all V5s had to have the engine numbers recorded.

Mines not on logbook its got the gearbox caseing number instead

hi alan, i,ve managed to get engine no 2014 h h 96133457 .so hope this is ok and make things easier,,,, thanks mate,,,,