Last Stonleigh

blue

Hi has anyone else heard the rumour that this to be the last Stonleigh kit car show. 

There is rumblings in other car magazines that this is the last one if that’s so it will be a shame but it’s been expected for some years as the show has been allowed to decline year on year 

Are you on a crusade to try kill off the show? 😉 Was it you earlier this year suggesting some classic car show (coincidentally down the road from your house) was a better show? 😀

I subscribe to CKC (are there any other kir car mags?) and no mention in there of anything.... the show seemed as busy this year as it did the 2 years before, so I'd be surprised if they were going to stop it. Their FB page confirms dates - a week earlier than normal because of the VE day holiday. 

I hope to God it doesn't stop - if that show goes, the whole industry is in trouble and our hobby. 

Ha ha ha.  No def not 😂

ive Been to Stonleigh every year for the last 15 !

its funny you mentioned CKC as the article in question was with stent and his view was he would rather let it end this year then combine it with a classic show to enable it to continue 

and yes it’s true I did mention a local show that blew Stonleigh to the wind I don’t know how long you have attended but one thing it was not this year was busy !!!

Half the halls closed ‘ no small traderers outside /no brick a Baack stalls and the fact kids could run up and down the street - before these half wits took control you could not even see the brick a brak stalls until you were close due to the amount of people but I understand the show the organisation puts on on the other side of the grounds on the same dates has quadrupled in size in the last few years and admittance prices have dropped year on year 

Apart from a club get together what is the point of the show? To me this is the whole point, very rarely buy anything, not looking for a new kit & nothing in the show would get me to change my mind. Kits were a reasonably priced option, but now basic kits are £5-7K, I don't spend that on my daily car. The industry is on it's knees & getting worse, the business model seems to be sell less & make it more expensive to keep the margin, rather than stack it high & sell it cheap. The lack of suitable donor's & additional legislation isn't helping along with the young having no clue as to how to get their hands dirty.