Rust cleaner/anti rust paint

MarkBzero

I have just got a trailer tent, (getting to old for a tent and sleeping on the floor) anyway the trailer needs a good clean, sort out some rust spots and then a good coat of paint. 

Any recommendations for rust remover and good quality paint that will last all the damp conditions?

Edited by MarkBzero

Por15 is the dogs dangly bits. They use it on oil rigs. Some of it is not uv stable so make sure you get the right one. Unless it's just the parts the sun don't see. 

I did my wishbones and mirrors with it years ago and it's like plastic coating still 

• Like 1

Brexit is our entertainment over here. We have our own BIG problems as I'm sure is your entertainment over there.🆘

The base coat of POR-15 does change colo(u)r when exposed to UV light as mentioned above. They do offer a top coat to prevent this but most any other top coat will work also. It does level very smooth and hard to tell the difference even right next to plastic coat.  If used on new clean metal, the metal needs to be etched.