GCR 15th - 16th August 2020

Danielle

15th and 16th August 2020
GCR station at Quorn (LE12 8AG).

The car park can be dedicated to kit cars, except for disabled visitors, is huge and can accommodate over 200 cars. GCR will be promoting this event in their calendar.

• Free entry for kit cars and foot passengers
• If you arrive in a Kit Car then you will be entitled to privileged rates on the trains.
• The Tin Shed bar and marquee will be open during the event
• The Butler Henderson Cafe will be open for food and hot drinks both days.

If you would like to stay the night to enjoy both days camping for caravans and trailer tents can be accommodated on the car park, there will be a small fee for hook up. There is a possibility of using a field next to the station for tents but this is subject to confirmation at the moment. There are overnight toilet facility's at the station and one shower.

More information TBC

IMG_20190925_205031.jpg

• 4 months later...

I am pleased to announce a new Kit Car event at the Great Central Railway (http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/)

Admission to the event is FREE and you can come and go as you wish.

It is happening over the weekend of 15th & 16th August 2020.
The venue is the Quorn and Woodhouse Station of the GCR (LE12 8AG) Please see photo's attached of the car park.

There are a limited number of spaces for caravans (No hookups available) £13.00 per night
Camping is available on an adjacent field. £5.00 per night.
Toilet facilities will be on site.

Pre-booking is necessary camping or caravans please email me derek.gcrkitcar@hotmail.com. Payment on the day to GCR.

To give me some idea of attending clubs and individuals it will help if  you could please let me know numbers derek.gcrkitcar@hotmail.com

Additional attractions.....
Unlimited travel on the railway for 2 persons per car at a special price of £10.00 per day reduced from the usual £18.00.
The Tin Shed Bar and Marquee will be open.
The Butler-Henderson Café will be open 9am - 4pm on both days for hot food and drinks.

Saturday evening.....
The Real Ale train will be running (http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/special-events/real-ale-train/)
Pre-booking on the GCR website is essential if you want to enjoy this experience
The cost is £22.00 (no discounts for this) which includes a ride on the train and see website for food details.

If you  require any further information please email me derek.gcrkitcar@hotmail.com

• 5 months later...

I'm afraid this event will not be going ahead because of the Covid19 restrictions.

The railway is opening at the end of July with a very restricted timetable and restricted movements around the stations.

I have spoken to the Events team and they are hoping to have some form of events later in the year.

I hope we can put this on next year I will keep you informed.