WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS

richyb66

June has been a bit of a mixed month for the Club Membership.  It's been good to see 24 existing members have renewed their membership and continue to support the Club.   

On the down side we have lost 10 members who decided not to renew.  To be fair, those that contacted me were either stopping through ill health or they had sold their car, so I hope that most current members who still have their cars have renewed.  

On the upside, however we can welcome 9 new members.  So overall the membership has just dropped by just one, sitting now at 378.

While quite healthy, it is still low by historical standards, so I will continue to encourage those Community Users who use the forum a lot and are getting useful information from the replies, to seriously consider contributing to the Club and registering as members.  Don't forget the discount you will get from your insurance company will help to cover the cost, and a few cheap coffee and burgers at the shows will help to cover the rest.

So we welcome the following new members (as usual the second column is their username so you can contact them if you find someone close to you and would like to meet up).

David             DavidGRS                                      Southend-on-Sea
Ian                  tendoshingan                               Bracknell    
Francis           Francis                                          Belfast
Gregory         Gregory Francis Kilmurray          Dudley
Richard          RichardWalker                              Navenby
Colin              Corgi                                              Leigh
Jonty             Jonty Wild                                     Tetford
Bob                bob1952                                        Huddersfield    
Robert           Robert Stephens                          Poole

Al

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

July was a good month for the Club Membership.  It was good to see 17 existing members renew their membership and continue to support the Club.   Even better news is that we had only 3 members who failed to renew.   And we also had 3 members who returned to the fold after some years away.   Welcome back.

Unusually we welcomed 14 new members.  I know it’s the summer when everyone gets their cars out and interest peaks, but I still think that is a healthy number.  So overall the membership has gone up to 387.

As usual it is disappointing to me how many forum users remain as Community Users rather than Members, even though the discount on their insurance policies (an average of 15% according to Adrian Flux) would more than cover the subscription fee.  So come on everyone, if you find the forum useful then please help support the Club.

So we welcome the following new members.  I’ve changed the form slightly to give their forum Usernames and county. If the username is rather obscure then I’ve added their first name in brackets:

Paul Johnson                          Sussex

Robert Taylor                         Lincolnshire

Mrcaptainc (Christopher)      Staffordshire

Andy Brown1                         North Lincolnshire

Rachael Hinckley                  Surrey 

Gareth                                    County Durham

Liam672                                 Kent

Jtox (John)                            Yorkshire

Daveo (David)                       Yorkshire

Dave A                                   South Lincolnshire

Paul Andrews                       Nottinghamshire

Matthew Stevens                  Cambridgeshire

Kenneth Southam                Staffordshire

Gavin Mcfarlane                  Norfolk

Let’s hope we can maintain the momentum in August.

4 hours ago, alanrichey said:

July was a good month for the Club Membership.  It was good to see 17 existing members renew their membership and continue to support the Club.   Even better news is that we had only 3 members who failed to renew.   And we also had 3 members who returned to the fold after some years away.   Welcome back.

Unusually we welcomed 14 new members.  I know it’s the summer when everyone gets their cars out and interest peaks, but I still think that is a healthy number.  So overall the membership has gone up to 387.

As usual it is disappointing to me how many forum users remain as Community Users rather than Members, even though the discount on their insurance policies (an average of 15% according to Adrian Flux) would more than cover the subscription fee.  So come on everyone, if you find the forum useful then please help support the Club.

So we welcome the following new members.  I’ve changed the form slightly to give their forum Usernames and county. If the username is rather obscure then I’ve added their first name in brackets:

Paul Johnson                          Sussex

Robert Taylor                         Lincolnshire

Mrcaptainc (Christopher)      Staffordshire

Andy Brown1                         North Lincolnshire

Rachael Hinckley                  Surrey 

Gareth                                    County Durham

Liam672                                 Kent

Jtox (John)                            Yorkshire

Daveo (David)                       Yorkshire

Dave A                                   South Lincolnshire

Paul Andrews                       Nottinghamshire

Matthew Stevens                  Cambridgeshire

Kenneth Southam                Staffordshire

Gavin Mcfarlane                  Norfolk

Let’s hope we can maintain the momentum in August.

Hi All and welcome, fab news that our membership continues to grow,

Pleeeeeease remember to put a marker in the members map so we all know who our closest member is, perhaps to pop round for a brew and chat. 

Darrell

NW Area Sec 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 2:14 PM, Darrell said:

Hi All and welcome, fab news that our membership continues to grow,

Pleeeeeease remember to put a marker in the members map so we all know who our closest member is, perhaps to pop round for a brew and chat. 

Darrell

NW Area Sec 

Yes the member map is a particularly important tool for us. You are not required to post your exact house/street location, but somewhere near, just so folk can see there are members near by.

Andi

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately August wasn't one of our better months.   Of the 29 members whose subscription expired, only a disappointing 17 renewed.   On the positive side we picked up 8 new members and one who came back after a couple of years away.  So overall we dropped by 3 to 384.   Let's hope September improves the situation.

So here are the new members, following the same format as last month, with their forum username and location area with their actual first name in brackets if it isn't obvious.

Freeland (Nigel)                             North Lincolnshire
martmart (Martin)                          West Midlands    
Stonky 62 (Steve)                          South Central
Paul Dean                                       West Midlands
Anish Vaghela                                Leicestershire    
Rallycol (Colin)                               North West
benpkader (Ben)                           North West
Bob D                                              Leicestershire
Jj autos (Martin)                            South East

Although I feel I am banging my head against a brick wall, I would again encourage all the Commuinty Users reading this to seriously consider becoming full members.   Apart from helping to keep the Club running, the benefits (Insurance discount, Europarts discount, access to the Club stand at shows...) save you more than the cost of membership.

Al (Membership Secretary)

On 9/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, alanrichey said:

Unfortunately August wasn't one of our better months.   Of the 29 members whose subscription expired, only a disappointing 17 renewed.   On the positive side we picked up 8 new members and one who came back after a couple of years away.  So overall we dropped by 3 to 384.   Let's hope September improves the situation.

So here are the new members, following the same format as last month, with their forum username and location area with their actual first name in brackets if it isn't obvious.

Freeland (Nigel)                             North Lincolnshire
martmart (Martin)                          West Midlands    
Stonky 62 (Steve)                          South Central
Paul Dean                                       West Midlands
Anish Vaghela                                Leicestershire    
Rallycol (Colin)                               North West
benpkader (Ben)                           North West
Bob D                                              Leicestershire
Jj autos (Martin)                            South East

Although I feel I am banging my head against a brick wall, I would again encourage all the Commuinty Users reading this to seriously consider becoming full members.   Apart from helping to keep the Club running, the benefits (Insurance discount, Europarts discount, access to the Club stand at shows...) save you more than the cost of membership.

Welcome one and all, don’t forget to put a pin in the members map, thanks and enjoy your cars

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

As we hoped September perked up a bit. Of the 22 members whose subscription expired, 15 renewed.  We also picked up up a very healthy 12 new members.  So overall we went up by 5 to 389.   Looking forward to breaking the 400 barrier, hopefully by Xmas.😀

So here are the new members, following the usual format with their forum username and location with their actual first name in brackets if it isn't obvious.

daniel reast                                                    South East
allytek (Allan)                                                 Scotland
g8spence (Spencer)                                     South West
Lockstock2sb2000 (Simon)                        South West
Spanners  (Tim)                                             South East
lawlessdee (David)                                        South East
Roy Greenwood                                              West Midlands
Leon Hellyer                                                    South West
Darren Knowles                                              East England
ajoy0000 (Andrew)                                        South East
Thomas Lamarque (and Rupert his son)      South East

I continue to encourage all the Commuinty Users reading this to seriously consider becoming full members.   Apart from helping to keep the Club running, the benefits (Insurance discount, Europarts discount, access to the Club stand at shows...) save you more than the cost of membership.

A huge welcome to you all.

Quite a few in from down South, which is always good to spread the mix about.

Please fire away with the questions, no matter how big or how small. They love questions on this site.

Andi

Mr Chairman