Registration

Dave pitt

Hi all 

I'm a bit new to all this kit car stuff  so would like a bit of info if any one can help..

I'm looking at buying a RH 2B which is part built with no paper work or registration info. Are there any pitfalls I need to know about  ???  Also

Would it be possible to get an iva and on the road without this paperwork  once its ready ??? 

Some answer would be yes, but, there's always a but. With no paperwork of the donor vehicle you will probably be looking for a Q plate registration unless you have the kit original receipt and buy everything new and go for a new plate. Not advisable going down the second route. 

Don't forget to take plenty of pictures of the build.  Depending on the state of the car you may have to disassemble some of it to take pictures of the parts that the IVA inspector will not be able to see on the completed car.

The pictures are not really for the IVA examiner they are not really interested in that side of it, the pictures are to prove to the DSA that you are not a professional car builder & that you have built the car yourself. If you have already bought a part built, start with a few pictures of that & then any that shows you have dismantled it & rebuilt it. They don't have to be comprehensive, it also seems to help if it can be seen that it's being built in a standard garage, or on the driveway etc. As to the donor, shame you didn't get the V5C from it, do you know anything about it as you maybe able to still obtain the V5C.