Sierra brake Master cylinder

NickandNeil

I have a 1984 Ford sierra with the 2 ltr engine in my Exmo,  It appears to be the 90 horse power unit.  The brake master cylinders appear to be obsolete.  You can get them for left hand drive cars but not right ones.  I have tried replacing the seals and can easily get the first cylinder out but not the inner one.  The cylinder size is 20mm or 20.0 mm. Has anyone any ideas how to do it.  If not what is the best brake / servo unit to fit these days.

Neil

3 hours ago, richyb66 said:

You have to remove the reservoir, then inside the front reservoir port, there's a lock pin that holds the piston in the bore of the cylinder. 

Thank you for that.  I tried to remove the resevoir by levering it out, it seemed to move 2cm but no more.  Is it just a matter of brute force or is it clipped in in some way?

On 10/13/2019 at 9:41 AM, richyb66 said:

Use brute force. The pipe stubs on the reservoir have barbed ends that go in to rubber grommets. Try and lever one pipe then the other. 

Ok, thank you.  I am now finding I cant source the seals as the DVLA removed the vin and registration number from the database that everyone uses.  I know its 22.2mm bore but thats all.  Looks like I am going to have to replace the servo and master cylinder.