Haynes roadster windscreen

Leslie Walters

I am a new member looking for info on my Haynes roadster, although I am an experienced mechanic this is my first venture into kit cars, it's a project for me and my grandson.

Looking for some info on windscreens, where to purchase? must I have windscreen wipers/demister etc or can I simply remove for MOT purposes.

Thanks.

You can get screen cut from laminated glass fairly easily if you have a pattern. 

You'll need a screen frame and side supports as well. 

Lucas Wiper motor as used on Classic mini works well enough and is easy to get hold of. The Wipers are never up to production car efficiency but better than nothing and having a screen would allow you to add additional weather protection which will make the car more useable. 

Edited by richyb66

National Windscreens will cut to any shape and size - they'll come to you and measure up etc. Cost me about £90.

I guess you could take the screen off for MOT but is it really worth the effort? Also, the flat screens our kits have are useless at clearing water without wipers. If you don't want the hassle of wipers, get an aeroscreen instead. Demisters are also pretty useless - kits are not exactly hermetically sealed 🙂