Wanted 1984 ford sierra brake master cylinder or seal kit

NickandNeil

I cannot source a new master cylinder or seal kit for my 1984 sierra based Exmo.  The VIN and car reg numbers were removed from the database when the car was scrapped.  My options now are a  second hand unit, a 22.2mm seal kit or replace the whole servo master cylinder in one.  As anyone got either of the above, or can anyone recoment a replacement brake sero unit?

If you are running without a servo --- do you find the pedal rather heavy? If still with servo it can be done away with by replacing m/cylinder with a Ford Ka model --- smaller bore will give a better feel & less pedal force but at the expense of longer pedal travel. What-ever your present set-up the Ka m/cylinder is a good option IMO.

Agree with Bob but if for some reason you feel the need to keep with what you have, then of your 3 options, I would just get a whole new one...

edit: as an example, 22.2mm m/c, bendix/bosch fitment up to 1988, £44.65 at brakeparts.co.uk

Edited by brumster

On 10/15/2019 at 11:32 PM, fry61 said:

We are only just up the road from you, give us a shout if you wish to pop over for a coffee & natter, can then show the Ka m/cylinder as fitted to Florin.

Both Nick and I would love to pop up and see you, and have a good look at the car.  WE are still getting our exmo ready for the IVA so would love to see how you have solved some of the problems we are going through.  We have taken the option of ordering a master cylinder for the origional Sierra servo.  ( Brumster found one for me) as I wanted to keep the power assited brakes, but thanks for the advice.

We are home most of the time now all our holidays for this year are past, shout when & I will give you our address by P.M ; regards Bob.

Edited by fry61
Poor grammar ( she's getting old )

I had the same problem when I needed to replace the Sierra master cylinder on my 1985 reg Exmo. They appeared not to exist. Similar Sierra ones were available but would have required re plumbing the brake lines to suit the configuration of the brake pipes.

In the end I sourced a seal kit and replaced the seals and it's been OK since

I'm not sure whether I can locate the details, but if I can I will let you know

Hope you find a solution

Malcolm