Superspec front camber

deano266

Hi guys after having a knock in to a kerb and damaging the wheel and tracking I am just wondering how to alter the Camber at the front. 

I have sorted out some new wheels that needed a spacer adding but that is all sorted now and they are quality pieces.

My issue now is with the tracking and camber.

I have set the wheel so it looks like it is pointing in the right direction but the Camber looks off (the top is pointing out and the bottom is in). How do you adjust this or could this be some further damage that I can't see as the chassis and suspension arms all look ok after a visual inspection.

It hasn't moved since the incident could that also be an issue with the wheel not lining up correctly

Check that the rear lower wishbone mount isn’t twisted. On a 2B the rear lower bush bolt goes through a fixed part of the chassis at the front of the bush and a bolted on angle bracket at the back. If this bracket only has a single vertical bolt holding it to the chassis it can twist, this moves the wishbone out of position which will alter the camber and tracking.

• 2 weeks later...

When i built my 2b i welded the L shaped piece on rather than bolting. It's pretty solid when welded.

If you've bashed it pretty hard you might want to also check the lower wishbone balljoint and consider replacing as a matter of course. Due to the design of the suspension this balljoint is taking enormous stress, there is the outside possibility that it could pop out especially if damaged, I have heard that has happened before to someone on here  (can't remember who as a long time ago although i think that was due to wear. They are hard to remove though apparently.

hope that helps