Mid trim

Davo

Hi all, 

I’m slowly getting this old car back to a respectable condition. The new dash is in place but it has revealed a bit more of the top of the side panel with bad welding and holes.  I was wondering how people generally tidy this piece up with trim. I’ll try to upload some photos to show what I’m trying to finish off

the car is a Robin Hood 2b 

26696CBE-9435-4DEE-9C60-46024C5856B1.jpeg

6F65F66E-4DFF-4248-AA1B-69C95632DEC8.jpeg

9699EB9D-02B6-448C-B54E-F980539081A9.jpeg

Interesting you ask actually. I was always told it was a 2b so never doubted it.  Having looked through some of the old paper work though it indicates it might be a mk 1. I’ll send some older photos but they might have the old trim in place 

5 hours ago, zhap135 said:

Looking at the how the rear wings are attached to the body it looks S7 ish.  I'm doing one up myself

Is it a monocoque chassis rather than space frame?

Looking through old paper work it looks like both the straight mk1 and the monocoque were quoted for but the price on the receipts seems to align with the mk1. 

Its a Mk1 S7, mine was trimmed liked this 20 odd years ago and needs redoing but may give you an idea. Its a thin foamed backed vinyl held down by a steel strip fixed to the top of the chassis, the material is then just wrapped over and glued to the top section. It has a length of tadpole trim between the vinyl and body. It may give you some idea.

s7 trim2.jpg

s7 trim4.jpg

1 hour ago, Peter Bell said:

Its a Mk1 S7, mine was trimmed liked this 20 odd years ago and needs redoing but may give you an idea. Its a thin foamed backed vinyl held down by a steel strip fixed to the top of the chassis, the material is then just wrapped over and glued to the top section. It has a length of tadpole trim between the vinyl and body. It may give you some idea.

s7 trim2.jpg

s7 trim4.jpg

Thank you. I’ve just started playing with an idea. I’ll post back when done! 

good to finally know the model of the kit. 

cheers 

• 2 weeks later...