New coilover joy!

dandan62

• 1 year later...

Hi. That was a few years ago now. I got lucky and got some second hand ones. I think they were Avo ones? I'm afraid I can't remember the exact specs but I know the springs were 120 lb. So much better than the original over stiff ones. I seem to remember many people recommending Dampatek as a good source. Good luck.

DanDan, 

Thanks for that. I have decided to just change the springs, Have found a decent source for them and just trying to work out the poundage. From the sound of it your 120Lb works well. I need the suspension to hold up as high as possible to gain as much clearance as I can so don't want the car sitting down onto the springs / compressing them when im not sat in the car. By chance, do you remember the length of yours? Im looking at 9 inch coils from the measurements I have just taken on my SPAX units.

I have the option of 120 or 140. So thinking 140. Just out of interest how much do you think the car sits down on the spring? EG, if you jack it up to full travel and then let the jack down how much does the spring squeeze? I need every mm I can get, haha

It's only a guess but probably about 3"? I have about 4.5 inches clearance under the sump with coilovers wound right up which it enough for the bumpy Sussex roads. I think my springs were 9.5 inches from memory.