Throttle Cable Bendy Bits

DoctorDee

Hallo everyone,

Bin a couple of years since I've been on here and also a similar amount of time since I did any work on the car.

My wife's health has not been great but we now seem to back on an even keel.

However, I,m having trouble clearing head space to tackles longstanding "problems".

Throttle cable routing has been nagging at me and I don't seem to be able to come up with an alternative for routing and  linkage.

I'd like to come up with a different linkage which would then sort out the "cack handed" routing I have inherited.

As  a picture always paints a thousand words....

Whoops here it is

Engine 4 (2).jpg

Is there room to mount a bracket on top with a pivot carrying a bar?  ( Think see-saw on it's side ) bottom of bar carries very short cable  to carb & top of bar is connected to throttle pedal, this cable will a fraction of the present length. You will also need a fixed mount to hold the cable outer sheath. 

Thanks for that, I'll have a fiddle.....Could I ask other members if they could post piccies of their linkages🤬...Seriously any piccies of carb or throttle body cable arrangements

would be triffic.....

It may just spark the old brain box into life

No pictures -- for Florin I made a spiral pulley from 3 large penny washers & fitted that to the existing throttle body -- then was able to pull the cable inner from the bottom instead of the top -- which reversed the direction of pull -- my throttle cable is only about 15" long instead of the 36" needed to go over & back as yours does.

(Spiral centre groove for slow opening getting more rapid the more the pedal is depressed.)