theducks Ford Prefect 100e ex-drift car Turbo Pinto Project

theduck

This weeks video we take the first step towards the final build of the 1958 Ford Prefect Turbo Pinto project car build by removing the Volvo 940 axle and giving it the clean and paint we should have probably done months ago! While we are at it though we fit brand new brake discs, refurbished Volvo 2 pot calipers (Thank you again to Richy for the super refurb!), and a new handbrake cable from the ever helpful team at https://www.skandix.de/en/ As I was doing all that, it seemed silly to put the Volvo steelies back on, so I finally get round to fitting the custom wheel spacers from superforma and try the RenaultSport Clio 197 17' alloy wheels on for size. Sure they need a refurb, but man do they look the part! Cannot wait to get them refurbished and fitted with the bigger tyres we are going for!

Fitting Cosworth 4-pots to the 1958 Ford Prefect Turbo Pinto

FINALLY! It seems both an eternity and only 5 minutes ago that I called Steve Walford Motorsport to discuss modifying these calipers to fit the kit far setup, and then just after they were done plans changed and we started the ball rolling in the 100e instead! How does this relate to the 100e? Well we carried the uprights over from the kit car, and the wheels, and so the brakes should drop straight on just like we intended, and boy, are they gonna look good!

• Like 1

In this video we reach an almost Project Binky / Bad Obsession Motorsport level of bracket obsession, just without the engineering and fabrication skills that they have. I did get my welder repaired though and do some welding of brackets in this video too, so there is that...

• Like 1

In this weeks video I finish off the prep and get to painting the engine bay of the 1958 Ford Prefect 100e in Subaru Mica Red, and boy does it look good! I wasn't sure this was the right thing to do, but in the end the result is exactly what I wanted.

• Like 1

In this video I pay a socially distanced visit to Steve Walford Motorsport to let Steve practice his aluminium TIG welding on a host of parts for the 1958 Ford Prefect Pinto Turbo project car. First up is chopping the end off the bargain AH Fabrications fuel tank and shortening it to fit in the boot of the Prefect.  Next is welding up the top rad hose that I made in a previous video, and last but not least, welding new fittings onto the charge cooler radiator.