Wales Trip Late May Bank Holiday Weekend

theduck

Guys we've been doing a Wales trip every year for the last 10 years, done various incarnations of it, last few have been centred around the Elan Valley, you can get there & back to most places in Wales in a day from there. Just a note on the Elan Hotel, not saying don't stay there but, we stayed on the campsite across the road a few years ago, the issue is that there's nothing else there. It's too far to walk anywhere else & unless you don't intend to drink then you are stuck in the hotel with no atmosphere, the food isn't bad though.

We now stay at Wyeside camping & caravan park, you can walk into Rhayader there are several pubs for food in an evening & a couple of places in a morning for breakfast if camping.

The Red Kite feeding just South of Rhayader is a must, 3pm each day (I think)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Assessorjohn

Hello all would love to catch up but as currently on chemo hoping i may be free of it by the time it happens. As i live in Pembridge, quite close to the Elan Valley then im hoping i will be able to xatch up with you all. I'll keep watching the thread for any updates.

• 2 weeks later...

With everything going on in the world at the moment just wanted to post and say that, for now, the intention is for this to still go ahead, but that will be keeping that under constant review.  Currently we have 2 months until the trip and there is just no predicting at the moment what state the world will be in.  One thing I will point out is please be aware of the cancellation terms for your accommodation.  I have checked mine and it is free cancellation up to 17 May at 23:59,  but please do be conscious of this, last thing I want is to get to a point where we have to cancel and you guys lose out on hotel costs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

With the extended lock down, and the fact that I am due to be isolating until after this event due to being classed as at risk, I am cancelling my hotel today and will look to re-arrange this when the world is a safer, saner place.  If others want to keep their reservations and make a call nearer the time, I will happily provide route details etc still.

2 hours ago, theduck said:

With the extended lock down, and the fact that I am due to be isolating until after this event due to being classed as at risk, I am cancelling my hotel today and will look to re-arrange this when the world is a safer, saner place.  If others want to keep their reservations and make a call nearer the time, I will happily provide route details etc still.

Hi Stuart.  I think this is a very sensible decision, you can't be too careful.  As you say, there will be plenty of opportunities to re-arrange this in the future.  It also gives you more time to get the Prefect as you would like it.  Stay safe!