Wing Mirrors

geordie40

Do you have to have wing mirrors for an MOT, I've read the MOT doc and the way I understand it is that a rear view mirror is ok.

I really don't like mine and can't adjust them with the doors on so pretty useless.

What's people's views or maybe I've just got crap mirrors

Guest garyfelton

The MOT testing manual states If your vehicle was registered prior to 1st August 1978 it only needs one rear view mirror, either interior or 1 wing/door mirror doesn’t matter which side, but must provide a clear view to the rear.

If registered after 1st August 1978 it will need two rear view mirrors one of which must be an offside wing/door mirror which must provide a clear view to the rear, the second mirror can be either interior or nearside wing/door mirror and again must provide a clear view to the rear of the vehicle.

Search MOT inspection manual, Visibility, for the full version of the above. You could always use cameras and a screen which is acceptable even if somewhat expensive to install.

HTH Gary