Heated Seats

Burney

I bought heated seat kits from eBay & fitted them to my MG's seats.  - Remove seats from car, remove seat covering, trim heat pads to fit & stick to foam, re-fit seat covering & then spend twice as long on the wiring - fitting switches & relays and running cables in !

To be honest I did it all in a weekend with no real problems & I reckon it would probably be a lot quicker & easier to do in the kit (I'll let you know if I ever get round to it). 

It was a couple of years ago when I did it but it only cost me about £50 at the time, which was an awful lot less than buying heated seats.

If you do think of modifying your own seats I would strongly recommend you invest in some "hog ring" pliers (and new hog rings). They're only a few quid to buy, but they make it so much easier to get the seat coverings back on properly.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:36 AM, Burney said:

Thank you thought that might be an option as doesnt seem to be many heated bucket seats on the market.

Can you get heated bucket seats? You need some padding and a cover for heating pads to work against, otherwise you'd be sitting directly on a heating element, no? 😱