Tracking for an Exmo

NickandNeil

The IVA doesn't check tracking as such (not to any specific specification), so you can set it to whatever is your personal preference. As a general principle (but this really is very generic, as the whole aspects of suspension setup encapsulate camber, castor and so forth as well as toe-in/out), toe-in is 'safe' approach that gives stability, toe-out would be more typical on FWD cars or things that were looking for more directional change.... and parallel is, well, in the middle... ie safe. But it also depends greatly on how the toe changes during driving. On a FWD car it can move under power but I think, on our type of cars, it's more stable. For that reason I'd suggest parallel or slight toe-in to start with.

One side point - it won't really contribute *that* much to self-centering, on the Exmo I'd look more at your castor for that. The Exmo setup is quite bad for it and there's not really a lot of adjustment in there; the exmo has quite a nasty over-centre feel to it on extreme lock.