Ecu cable and car cutting out

Guest Daniel Black

Guest Daniel Black

So I’ve been slowly tinkering on my build and took her for a drive around my neighbourhood yesterday. When she got up to temperature she started spluttering and cuts out when you try accelerate. Any ideas?

i also need to know where to get the ecu cable so I can try the diagnostic software.

thanks chaps

True 😀  

Although your profile simply says Robin Hood as your car, we are assuming you actually have a 2B Superspec ?

If so the 3-pin cable is not available commercially any more, so we Superspec owners have all built our own.  Although I see that someone has actually built one and it is available on E-Bay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-MEMS-Classic-Mini-Land-Rover-OBD-Diagnostic-CABLE/303464172974?hash=item46a7dfcdae:g:Lu0AAOSwn~JdoHGK

However, I have a spare one I can lend you for a short time if you PM me your address.

Having said that, your problem could be a fuel related and I am not sure that would show up on the analysis, but it is certainly worth checking.  You might be one of the very few Superspec owners to have a working lambda sensor before checking 😀

If you haven't downloaded the PC software it is at http://www.rmrsoft.com/mems-scan.zip

Let me know how you get on

Al

Later:   I see I made the same offer back in September but never received a reply ?  Did you get the message ?

Edited by alanrichey

Guest Daniel Black

Hi Alan

at that time I had Andy come out to me and he did a diagnostics check for me, if you recall the two of you were in communication about my super spec. Anyway can I please use your spare cable I now have access to a pc as my Mac will not work for this.

summer is on its way so it’s time to stop procrastinating and get this project done.

you were correct about the lambda sensor not working and I have replaced it since then but not sure what your software will tell me.

I am always appreciative of the knowledge the chaps on this forum have and always willing to share.

i have PM’d my address and will keep you posted