Getting excited...

MarkBzero

So explain NOS to me, does it only fire at WOT so you get 55bhp (or whatever) in a very 'binary' fashion or can it progressively add more NOS into the engine based on throttle position, so you can 'feed it in', if you see what I mean? A brief google seems to suggest you can get some quite smart systems now so it's not just about drag-racing and instant power IF you don't want it to be (for a road car, for example, or a circuit racer)?

It can be as smart or as dumb as you want.  The dumbest being a push button and you get your full hit, the smartest having options like ramp up period after reaching the activation point with cut offs based on wide band readings etc, and varying levels based of nitrous based on throttle position etc.  Most applications though just stick with above X throttle ramp in to full shot over Y seconds

• Like 1

My system has a NOS management unit linked to the throttle position sensor and learns the difference. Also the jets fitted to the fogger for both fuel and NOS can be change to either increase or decrease the volume of NOS and additional fuel to give you the horse power you need. 

Mine will work with wide open throttle others kick in at 3000rpm.

Launch control has to be next...