C19 is here to stay, so...

MarkBzero

My work has gone to reduced hours on 12 hour shifts, meaning i work 2 or 3 days a week. I've decided to build a shed so that i can clear stuff out the garage to actually allow me to work on the kit car, and hopefully get it back on the road. Having laid a patio and enjoying the extra space in the back garden area after demolishing the old shed, I've decided to put its replacement in the 6 foot wide gap down the side of the house, whilst retaining access to the front. The result will hopefully be a 16' x 3' shed.

Monday was design, Tuesday was excavation and backfill with old rubble i hadn't taken to the tip / hardcore and wednesday was laying the slabs. I'm not trying to do it full time, enjoying time with Thomas is also a priority.

1446959654_WhatsAppImage2020-03-24at17_39_00.thumb.jpeg.72d7aae8c184764a13b74ef8220839a3.jpeg

880488187_WhatsAppImage2020-03-25at17_47_01.thumb.jpeg.426dcce371c3541d0070b72bf0e59ea6.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fry61 said:

Good to see you've placed a couple of concrete blocks on the edge ---- to stop the wind rolling up the slabs.🙄

Clare came around the corner and tripped on the raised flags a couple of times, so I put the blocks there for my safety (because it was obviously my fault).

Another project I've been working on is a nixie tube clock kit from PV electronics. Finished the PCB assembly last night and everything seems to work, just have to built it into its case now.

2020-03-26a.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah there’s road blocks around here checking where people are travelling. My mrs has an official letter allowing her to travel as a key worker If the shops are open and you are close to home, so not joy riding 40 miles away, then you can go shopping alone. They take your reg and remember you tho, I wouldn’t try it twice! 

£30 as a fine is a joke tho, needs to be far far more to put some real deterrent in place  £300 would make people think twice. My track car had no number plates but I would drive on the roads for testing, getting fuel etc (was road legal). I was stopped a few times and fined £30, like I told the coppers as long as you don’t stop me more than once a day I couldn’t give a damn about the fine because it’s not points. 

Drink drivers deserve to be caught. I shopped my old neighbour for it and she lost her licence for 18 months, I told her it was me too. No time for those people! Do what you want in your own life but don’t endanger my kids please. 

7 minutes ago, Mrbarry said:

Yeah there’s road blocks around here checking where people are travelling. My mrs has an official letter allowing her to travel as a key worker If the shops are open and you are close to home,

Not aware that we have anything like that around here, although not driven the car since Tuesday when we went to see wife's 95 year old aunt, we do intend to visit again next Mon/Tues as she can't use the phone & is IT illiterate, but it will be in shopping hours in case she needs anything, it's very strange, knocking on her door, then retreating back across the drive, only to have to shout at her to make her understand.

Yeah locally it’s the same. Very much seems to depend on local council how far they take it. Accordingly there is to be a step up in efforts this weekend because people are still not staying in tho. There was a BBQ not far away a few days ago that the police had to split up. Come on people we know the rules 🙄

As for gangs of kids playing on parks, well I hope they don’t get it because hospitals don’t accept family members any more. So a kid alone in hospital scared and I’ll, mum and dad at home no idea what is going on. Hospital visiting is not allowed under any circumstances around here. Not a nice thought. And god forbid they take a turn for the worse alone in hospital. How would that play on a parents conscience for the rest of their days?!

Most of the parks around here that have gates are locked. You still see people popping in to the shop for a can of energy drink though, hardly essential in my eyes. We have managed to secure home delivery slots for the next few weeks and anything that they don't have I will try to get on Sunday morning when our local aldi is opening early for emergency service workers. Good on them, that shop was the best thing that ever happened to this town.

We are lucky. The wife pays about 7 or 8 quid a month for Ocado smart pass membership. We get special discounts and cheaper delivery. But it’s proof we are regular shoppers not chancers who had one cut price delivery then moved on in 2012.
Now they have a separate site for smart pass members and guarantee one delivery per week, you get preference over none smart pass shoppers. As it should be! Care for their regular customers not random people. You do only have a 1 hour allotted window to fill your ‘basket’ each week to to keep site traffic low but that’s no problem. 

I’ll be doing my bit by staying home and working in isolation at work. Time for pretending It’s not happening is long past. 

• 2 weeks later...

Time to give my exhaust finishers a quick polish. They're bare aluminium and get covered in crap thrown up by the front wheels so I'll give them a light coat of lacquer afterwards too keep the shine. Not that they'll corrode much in the garage. 

DSC_0536.thumb.JPG.f4952ef85a7b7f70ed00cee14be4da47.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richyb66 said:

Time to give my exhaust finishers a quick polish. They're bare aluminium and get covered in crap thrown up by the front wheels so I'll give them a light coat of lacquer afterwards too keep the shine. Not that they'll corrode much in the garage. 

DSC_0536.thumb.JPG.f4952ef85a7b7f70ed00cee14be4da47.JPG

Good idea, I need to do this job.