Popping

Del1968

Just took car out for a good run soon as it’s Been standing in the garage for awhile and the problem is soon as it’s hot it’s hard to start but does start and when you turn it off you get a slight pop from the exhaust what causes that to happen never done it before and it’s got new plugs and full tank of new fuel any advice oh and also cock pit there is a smell of fuel checked all round for any signs of leaks but can’t see any 

Edited by Del1968

Cheers for that I will check them out think I might of sorted out the smell of petrol checked my fuel pump and looks like the hose is seeping a bit not much but enough also removed air filter on carb and it just stank of fuel and was dampish put old air filter on and seems a lot better 

I had similar popping with twin 40's, would pop every time I turned it off. Was impressive at night could see a blue flame shoot out the exhaust. Turns out it was over rich and a tune up sorted it. Sounds like something might be sticking in your carb.