Reverse light switch

Burney

Hi

I'm getting through my new loom wiring well but have stumbled at reverse lights now. There are two wires coming out of the gearbox area into the drivers side footwell. I have the black one wired as supply to the reverse lights and there is a blue and black one not connected to anything. Anyone know how I shoud wire this up?

2ltr pinto

Kris

according to the sierra haynes manual the black+blue (sw-bl) is coming from the fuse box then to the switch then out on the black(sw) which runs to the light cluster.

easy enough to test if it's open/closed with a multimeter set to continuity. just put it in and out of reverse.

I can take a pic of the diagram if that helps

On 12/25/2019 at 12:13 AM, nicko said:

If all your rear lights are out, I'd check earth's and then continuity of each wire. 

HTH a 

Nick 

20 minutes ago, agent_zed said:

according to the sierra haynes manual the black+blue (sw-bl) is coming from the fuse box then to the switch then out on the black(sw) which runs to the light cluster.

easy enough to test if it's open/closed with a multimeter set to continuity. just put it in and out of reverse.

I can take a pic of the diagram if that helps

Hi Nick all my rear lights are on, apart from the reverse lights. Sounds like I havent run them through the switch as agent zed suggests, I'll do some continuity tests tomorrow. I did check the black cable which goes through the light to ground so i think I just need a 12v supply to the black and blue?

On 4/10/2020 at 10:32 PM, Burney said:

Hi Nick all my rear lights are on, apart from the reverse lights. Sounds like I havent run them through the switch as agent zed suggests, I'll do some continuity tests tomorrow. I did check the black cable which goes through the light to ground so i think I just need a 12v supply to the black and blue?

Hi folks thanks I hooked up the blue and black to live and jobs a gooden