Tyres and Wheels

as long as you have the correct PCD of 108 for ford (assuming you have 4 stud ford hubs) and the correct ET (or can adjust wings etc to cover the tyres) then there are loads of wheels you can choose depending on your style.

The ET will determine how far out or in the wheel sits. I think there were 2 'standard' sizes, or at least there were 2 wing stays available on gbs. That being ET15 and ET38 . What do you have at the moment?

The other thing will be wheel diameter. Again will come down to preference but 15 seems to be pretty common and good range of tyres in this size and pretty cheap as a lot of the hot hatches had these back in the day.

Haven't tried myself but i've heard 16s can be a bit harsh on these cars. Caterhams run anything down to a 13, which will give you quicker acceleration (depending on the tyre sidewall ratio).

Also don't go too wide on the tyres (195s are enough) as they don't need it and you increase risk of aquaplaning and tramlining.

Thanks for the help. Have ET 15 at the moment.  Was wanting to run 15 as that is what is on at the moment.  They are 4 stud standard Sierra. 

Tyres on at moment are perished and hard so really need to change them.

Was excited about going out with her this year but looks like it's going to be next year now.

oh also if you buy aftermarket alloys you may need spigot rings. Basically aftermarket wheels tend to have an oversized hole for the hub part and then you fit a spigot ring to fit your specific car. I can't remember off the top of my head the sierra ID but you just need to measure the round stickig out hub part and then the size hole in the alloy. You then buy 4 rings with the id of the car and od of the wheel. They just clip into the wheel to centralise them when fitting.

I bought wheels with multifit which have 8 holes and 2 different PCDs. I had to use the smaller holes which require a special set of nuts called tuner nuts, which are thinner than standard wheel nuts as they have an internal star key to fit them.