rear fog lights

NickandNeil

Reading the IVA spec, the rear fog lights are supposed to have an 'E or e' stamped on them.  The ones on my Exmo were probably the originals, they look OK and work OK.  Has anyone had issues with the IVA over them.

Also the need to be vertical, are new lights that allow for this or is it just a matter of making wedges to keep the face vertical?

For IVA, mine had the stamp - not sure if it would be a problem if it didn't. In theory, yes but it depends on the examiner on the day - he may not notice. Probably not worth the risk if you can just change it now (IVA re-test £95, rear fog light £20?).

No, I don't believe there are any lights that allow you to locate them vertically - this is how I did mine: https://zerolifebuild.blogspot.com/2016/11/does-my-bum-look-big-in-these.html

I will be changing mine in next couple of weeks so if your not in a hurry they will be available, they are what was on the car when it went through IVA/SVA and was what came as part of the SuperSpec kit, as you can see they mount low on the arch and I think the backing is slightly wedge shaped

20190504_111748.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NickandNeil said:

After talking to Nick, he thinks they could be fitted on the rear panel, What do you think?9

Have they got the E mark with the F for fog as the new rules stipulate?

Neil

Not sure, will check tomorrow

There's a diagram knocking about that gives dimensions for lights, but as for the brackets... I know it's a long time ago, but when I SVA'd mine, the brackets weren't good enough and I had to make something to stop the vibrating/moving.

HTH

Nick 

Rear Fog Lamp Min 1 Max 2 Mandatory Red At least one must be on centre line or to offside of vehicle (Min separation distance from stop lamp 100) 1000 When grouped with any rear lamp this may be increased to 1200 250 a. Horizontal i. 250 inwards and outwards; if two lamps are fitted it is sufficient if one lamp (not necessarily the same lamp) – is visible throughout the range b. Vertical i. 50 above and below horizontal.

Ref. to Table 1-section 28 that gives more details of where and position of lights to be fitted.

Regards Martin

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...