Autoaid renewal

Andi

Hi Andi,

Just checked mine & it was £54.99 in June last year.  It was  £43.31 when I first took it out with them the year before but I think that was an offer of some sort. 

I'll be interested to see how much it is this year.

Steve

Had to use them in January to recover my diesel tin top when it had an injector fail. They were excellent, got straight through to them and they arranged recovery quickly. Well worth the money especially as the policy covers me and the wife in any vehicle.

Been with them quite a number of years, easily over 10, maybe more, it used to be £38 for a long time, then in 2018 went to £41.94 & last year to £59.99 I argued with them over the increase, but they claimed that the claim frequency had increased & they had to put their prices up. Not that it had anything to do with the fact they had just been bought out by some venture capitalists, I threatened to not renew & the response was that's up to you the price is the same.

I've used them twice, once when the MR2 Turbo threw a gearbox oil seal, so it was recovered 120 miles back home, 2nd time I was out with the daughter & a wishbone snapped on her Golf, only 10 miles away but no way we could have got it back.

I looked around last year & couldn't find anything to match it, I hate insurance but treat it just as an insurance policy, something you hope not to use but it's there if you need it, some banks offer breakdown as part of the account, but some of them are worthless if you read the terms, only take you a certain distance, will only take you to a garage etc.

I have had my jag from new so I’m lucky to get life time cover for around £30 a year, that’s everything apart from home start.

You can cheat tho, register from an old address so if you get trouble from home......

Never had home start on any of my previous breakdown cover, if I can't get it started at home there is something major wrong & nobody else is going to get it started either. I would have thought biggest culprit is a flat battery, as we normally have 5 cars here at least one should always start to jump another from.