Windscreen or flyscreen

blue

Windscreen every time for me - and doors and a roof... As I sit here, the sun is shining but 15 minutes ago, it was pouring down and it might start again in 15 minutes - that is British weather for you. Before I got my roof, I got caught out and while I can laugh now, never again... 🙂

Aeroscreen unless it's raining. 

Sunglasses are all you need or night vision yellow type things for night time. 

You get the true motor car driving experience. And it feels faster. Its more exciting. You can smell the summer and be at one with your machine. 

Drawbacks... It can rain, you don't hear your phone or satnav or wife  (not always a drawback though) you'll get the odd bee down your shirt,. 

I f your going to drive a mental car you may as well go the whole hog 

Andi 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andi said:

Aeroscreen unless it's raining. 

Sunglasses are all you need or night vision yellow type things for night time. 

You get the true motor car driving experience. And it feels faster. Its more exciting. You can smell the summer and be at one with your machine. 

Drawbacks... It can rain, you don't hear your phone or satnav or wife  (not always a drawback though) you'll get the odd bee down your shirt,. 

I f your going to drive a mental car you may as well go the whole hog 

Andi 

So what's with the mohican green skid-lid Andy, just window dressing for the passenger seat?

All weather motoring in this country needs windscreen, wipers,washers & a HEATER.  Been on the road down to Cornwall & on top of Applecross Pass in Scotland in temp of -2*.   Comfort is also a safety thing --- can't focus or the road if you're blasted by rain or shivering with cold.

But then I am a lot older than that young blooded Andy.

When I built mine I ran it without the screen for a while was was fine but any long journeys required my bike helmet for comfort. I have since fitted the screen and wipers etc and do prefer it if nothing else it’s cuts the wind noise down dramatically but still allows enough wind tho whip around the side and remind you that you certainly are driving a kit car and it’s dam good fun lol. 

The reason I ask is as you can see in my profile pic I already have a zero but have just bought a second one that only has a fly screen and was wondering if to leave it or change it for a windscreen 

So what's with the mohican green skid-lid Andy, just window dressing for the passenger seat?

That's just insurance against the rain. Or when I fancy a temporary windscreen