IVA and Pinto.

blue

@LezLezLez, if you have the v5 for the donor car, and the engine number matches, I would expect when you register post-iva that you will get an age related plate. You can also prove engine age based in the engine number and the guide in the burton catalogue, and this is suitable for IVA.

@blue it would be possible to get a new registration using a pinto engine as your one refurbished item, but you would be talking in the refion of £4.5k to buy a brand new type 9 gearbox and sierra diff (based on quaife prices) and it simply wouldnt be worth spending that much money on those parts unless you are putting a pretty special pinto in front of it, and unless you are a bit weird like me and just like to prove what the old lump of iron can do, you'd be better putting that money towards a more modern engine.

Hi chaps. 
great answers. 
ive been having a think and am gonna go all out. 
remove the pinto and go 2.0 Duratec  on throttle body’s Etc just need to decide which gearbox - options appreciated 

I done the zetec on body’s. quafe Motorsport gearbox Etc on the one I have ~  was gonna go for a low powered fun cruiser this time but as you say buy the time I invest 4.5k into this I might as well go the full hog