IVA Sub K

Guest Brokey12

Guest Brokey12

Hi , ive rebuilt my SubK over the past 6 years, added strengthening and also replicated a Caterham rear end, all panels remade by hand . everything powdercoated etc...... im at the point where I don't know whether to keep going and iva it or buy something already done . what are peoples thoughts. 

Edited by Brokey12

You're a long way from finishing, so it's how you feel about more work - dread or excitement? Do you love building or just want to get driving?

Doing the build is going to cost MUCH more than just buying so how are the finances?

Got enough spare time?

I wrote this in my blog for new builders, which is not quite you but may help?

https://zerolifebuild.blogspot.com/p/for-beginners.html

Guest Brokey12

It was a complete car but without the Iva , i stripped everything back and started again making sure everything so far is iva compliant. It’s also had the strengthening plate added to the chassie. Everything’s there to complete it. I’ve spent a lot of hours on it and it’s nice to have something you’ve built yourself . It’s not intended for track use just something to take out on weekends eventually. 

OK, I understand. What you've done so far looks to be a very good standard. I think everyone goes though phases of wondering if they'll ever finish, you just need to keep pushing on and the end result will be more than worth the effort. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 8:21 PM, Brokey12 said:

It was a complete car but without the Iva , i stripped everything back and started again making sure everything so far is iva compliant. It’s also had the strengthening plate added to the chassie. Everything’s there to complete it. I’ve spent a lot of hours on it and it’s nice to have something you’ve built yourself . It’s not intended for track use just something to take out on weekends eventually. 

I'd say your doing a fine job it looks very nice and will be nice when you finish it to stand back and say wow I built that. We all have moments in our projects and hobbies where we think I cant be bothered any more but it passes and we go back to it, I say keep going and if you need some encouragement one day there are plenty of fab members only to willing to help.👍👍👍👍👍