Painting Rollbar

geordie40

Hi all

What do you use to paint the roll bar I have tried various metal paints with proper stainless steel primer but if I let the vinyl roof or windows touch it during hot sunny weather when I remove roof it peels the paint with it.

When roof is fitted properly with the frame supporting it there's no problem as frame is powder coated but I can't do that for the roll bar.

Ditto Richy. The paint on my roll bar was always chipping and flaking and looked a mess so I removed it all 2 years ago. Used a flapwheel in an angle grinder then finished off with satin wheels and scotchbrite pads to give a nice brushed finish. I've only had to go over it lightly once since to remove odd rust spots with a pad.

IMG_3614.thumb.jpg.0a0e117e3cbfac9d8ac02a2c65520f3e.jpg

3 hours ago, deano266 said:

i have recently just stripped and painted mine. I have used hammerite spray. At the moment it is holding up very well but not had much rubbing on it

That's what I used Dean and it was ok but I had left my hood draped over the bar and the clear plastic windows were touching it during the hot weather so when I removed the hood it took paint with it 🤬

May try car paint next with a clear varnish on top