C20xe/let standalone management wanted

Guest Nicholas Matthews

Guest Nicholas Matthews

Hi all. My names nick and I'm new here, I wonder if anyone would be able to help me. I'm after c20xe/let standalone management to run my turbo in my Robin Hood. Is there anyone out there that has one for sale at all. Ideally the xe standalone management. 

Many thanks for taking the time to read nick. 

Edited by Nicholas Matthews
Can use xe or let management system

Hi Jon,

there' one person I know of in the club running a Vauxhall turbo but he's using Emerald ECU (as are quite a few others with other engines, myself included). You don't seem to see them come up for sale second hand very often. 

On a more positive note, several members are running Zetec turbos using megasquirt and this might be another option.

Guest Nicholas Matthews

That's what I thought, I missed out on one about a month ago £300 bargain really as struggling to get one. Just trying to avoid a new one as they seem really pricey. The builds racking up as you can probably be familiar with. What kind of price are you looking at for the mega squirt set up if you don't mind me asking. 

Thanks for your reply much appreciated! 

I would recommend finding a tuner you want to use, and then buying the ecu they recommend as not all tuners will tune all ECUs, or will be able to get the best from an ECU that they are not familiar with.  There are many good options out there, at all price points.

I see you are in Wolverhampton and as such I would recommend Steve Walford Motorsport in Birmingham for tuning, a number of people here have used him, and I personally work very closely with him on my own cars. He generally prefers Omex ECUs and can supply them, but there are also others he recommends. - http://swmotorsport.tk/