Build instructions video

Jon

Hi Jon welcome to the club.

Now to the videos you can only describe them as a budget edition performance at best with the dog liking to get in on the picture as well.

Richard & his wife made a brave effort to explain how to do the basic's in know particular order.

The car kit at the time was a very low price and I could see that their video making left a lot to the builder to understand.

At least the builder of the kit had a help line to phone if they could get through. 

Regards

Martin

8 hours ago, Jon said:

Well who's watched the robin hood build videos on YouTube made by robin hood manufacturer. My lord was it made with a wind up camera 😁

I watched the ones for the Super Spec build and although he talks about Health and Safety he rarely follows his own advice 😁

7 hours ago, maca said:

Hi Jon welcome to the club.

Now to the videos you can only describe them as a budget edition performance at best with the dog liking to get in on the picture as well.

Richard & his wife made a brave effort to explain how to do the basic's in know particular order.

The car kit at the time was a very low price and I could see that their video making left a lot to the builder to understand.

At least the builder of the kit had a help line to phone if they could get through. 

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin thank you I'm glad to be part or the club

it's not the content of the video I found it very good to watch and can see it would help alot with my project, it was purely the quality of the video is very much below average.

I watched all of them as I'm looking at buying a 2b chassis that comes with rear axle, bonnet, nose cone, fuel tank.

Thanks to the video I could see how many panels I need to find to build it andi still cant seem to find where I would get them from.

Regards

Jon

1 minute ago, maca said:

Hi Jon,

Not sure if GBSC (https://www.greatbritishsportscars.com/) may be able to help you out with any panels or parts that you require?

You could give them a try as they still stock some items or maybe able to help you.

Regards

Martin

Thank you Martin and funny enough I just this minute emailed them, great minds think alike 😁

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonathan Tall

Do remember that the videos were made LAST CENTURY, there was no HD and I believe that Hi-8 camcorders were not yet available. I can remember the first videos (from 1996 I believe) when I ordered my EXMO. Richard received letters afterwards from builders whose wives were concerned he wasn't looking after himself!

The kits at the time were unbeatable value for money* and made the most use of one car for donor parts. they had decent instructions and factory backup always available.  It was a brilliant firm and the only one like it at the time.

*mine was £1000 I think, and because it sold so well, on collection day we all got offered £50 back as Richard operated on a 7% profit margin!

Jonathan