Robin Hood B2 Rain Cover

apgodden

I am picking up my Robin Hood B2 on Saturday.  I want to buy  a good rain cover for it.  Can anyone recommend anyone.  I have found Caterham and Westfield covers, is the robin hood the same dimensions?

Much appreciated Tony Godden

Hi Graeme, I'm interested to know how long you've had your cover, and how it's standing up to wear. Like you, my car lives outside all year round.

I've had 2 covers so far. First one from CBS lasted just over 2 years before it started ripping and letting water through the multi-layer fabric. Then I went for a Halfords cover which has lasted nearly 2 years so far, although the plasticised outer surface of the multi-layer fabric is starting to crack and perish, presumably from UV exposure and where I fix it to the car with bungy straps. It's still water tight, but I'm going to need a new one before winter.

Both of those covers were mid-range £40-50, so I'm wondering if the more expensive covers would last longer?  Anyone have any other recommendations?

Hi. I also have a stormforce 4 layer from coveryourcar. I've had it 3 years now and it has been great. Keeps the car dry. No condensation which is the killer with cheaper ones. I tried the £40 ish ones before and ended up with corroded electrics etc from condensation. None of that so far with this. About £150 but worth it.

So far so good Andy, I've had it about 18mths and with the storm force+ one it is elasticated all round bottom and you pull the elastic rope tight at the front and tie it up. It survived 80mph winds last year no problem.

I did have a cheaper Halfords one that lasted about 12mths and I had to see in straps with eyelets in and use tent pegs to stop it blowing off but in turn that just caused it to rip down the seams quicker.

With regards rubbing paint off I've had no issues but they do say don't put that cover onto a wet car so make sure it's dried off before covering

On 6/24/2020 at 8:09 AM, apgodden said:

Tanks for the replies Guys.....  I went with the Storm force and with extra straps was £175 inc delivery and came next day.  Years ago I bout a cover for my RS6 and this was double the price but the quality is just as good bargain for the money.

I am picking up my Robin Hood B2 on Saturday.  I want to buy  a good rain cover for it.  Can anyone recommend anyone.  I have found Caterham and Westfield covers, is the robin hood the same dimensions?

Much appreciated Tony Godden