Best universal battery tool set

MarkBzero

Hi All,

Looking for a recommendation on the best battery tool set where one battery can fit many tools i.e. drill, angle grinder, jigsaw, torch, circular saw etc.

Fed up of multiple boxes and different batteries and chargers. Not going to replace all in one go just when the next tool breaks. Drill is nearly there.

I know most makes do a set but just looking for recommendations for a keen DIY'er.

Thanks

Mark

I think it's just take your pic of the major brands. Personally, I've got Dewalt but it's just because you buy your first one and that's it then, you're locked in for the lot :)

But the battery connections haven't changed in donkeys years and the other thing I like is that Dewalt sell spare component parts for any tool so, for example, with one old drill I could replace the motor cost effectively rather than having to scrap the whole unit. But, Makita/etc might be the same.

I think just pick one on the basis of cost and go with that...

9 hours ago, phaeton said:

Son bought a DeWalt he works for Screwfix & gets 20% off even sale items, seem very good, now have several tools & several batteries

I wish my son worked at Screwfix, I always use the local branch in Telford. Great service every time.

1 hour ago, MarkBzero said:

I wish my son worked at Screwfix, I always use the local branch in Telford. Great service every time.

I can ask him if he wants to move, but he's 31, still at home rent free, has 2 cars, a motorbike & a flatbed truck that you'll have to accommodate, given the choice of 20% off Screwfix or a quieter life I'm know which I would take as a prefered option 😆