Oil switch for a Ford Pinto

NickandNeil

I need to replace the electrical oil pressure switch on a 1993cc Ford sierra,  1984.

Because the donor car was scrapped I cannot order parts by the registration. So when I google the switch for my car - it gives you a choice of three different colours. Red Blue or white.  The existing switch colour is black.

Anyone any idea what colour I should use?

Try ebay type (oil pressure switch for Ford pinto engine)

Plenty of choices, Fitting is 1/4  x 18 NPT

Burton Power £7.00 + Delivery

PART NO XOPS9
FITS ENGINE TYPE Ford Cosworth YB, Ford Cross Flow (Kent), Ford CVH, Ford DOHC 8v/16v RS2000, Ford Essex V4/V6, Ford SOHC (Pinto), Ford Taunus/Cologne V4/V6, Ford Zetec E, Ford Zetec SE

1 hour ago, MarkBzero said:

Hi,

Before buying a replacement, have you got any gauges yet, because most gauge manufacturers will sell a matched oil pressure switch so the readings will be accurate.

Hi Mark,

I believe that Nick & Neil are looking to replace the switch that warns when you have NO oil pressure, the dash oil light, not a guage pressure sender unit if my thinking is correct.

Standard oil pressure switch 1/4NPT: Ford SOHC Pinto, 711M X/flow OHV Kent, V4/V6 Cologne & Essex from approx 1973, Cosworth YB, CVH, Zetec E Silver Top, DOHC 8v/16v, Zetec SE XOPS9

That is correct Mark.  It is exacly the one you have pictured.  They appear to be colour coded.  As yet I have not found a black one.  There are plenty on the webb, but I am unsure what colour to buy.  I do have an hydraulic guage.  So this is a back up, I think you need a warning light for the IVA.  The engine is a standard 1993 Pinto form 1984.