Alps in July?

nelmo

A tad last minute 😉 but as all the quarantine requirements have now been removed, I am sneaking off to the Alps for a week on July 19th, with a local German bloke I've been in touch with from the old GBS forum.

If anyone is interested in a last minute adventure and would like to join us, drop me a message.

Vague plan is:

Eurotunnel to Dijon
Dijon to Meirengen in Switzerland
Meirengen to Albertville in France for 3 days.
Albertville back home (returning July 25th).

• Like 1

whish i could get a week away but i live in leicester and cos of all the NOBS that cant social distance all of Leicester is buggered  

dont think my car would make that mileage anyway 

Edited by tractor

I did Switzerland 2 years ago in June and it was amazing.  Getting down there was a bit of a slog but once there, the whole place is stunning.  I only wish I had the cash and annual leave to join you!

• 3 weeks later...

Not really much more than normal - take some tools,  spares that might be difficult to get (throttle cable!!), a Liber-T tag if you're going to use the autoroutes and breakdown recovery card.

It may be a long way but you're going to France, not outer Mongolia - they're pretty civilised these days 🙂

One advantage of covid is that the French now use credit/debit cards much more than before - I've been here a week and never taken any cash out. Many petrol stations are pay-at-pump with a card - much more than here in the UK.

Thanks - this is the camera - nothing special 🙂.

Got mine a couple of years ago and it didn't come with the external mic, which would definitely be a good upgrade, otherwise all you can hear is wind noise. Battery only lasts an hour or so, so I have 2 spares (cost £10 for both).

Edited by nelmo

Yet another good video Neil.

Thanks for the entertainment shame about the cable but if that was the only breakdown then an excellant journey.

Thanks for the details of the camera used.

Regards

Martin

• Like 1