Crunchy gearbox

apgodden

Got my car moving under its own steam......  only thing is when selecting a gear it is crunchy..... especially reverse.  I cannot see any adjustments for the clutch cable.

Any ideas / suggestions 

many thanks Tony

I had the same problem and built the car with the same pedal setup and clutch from the doner but it never worked well.

I only drove the doner about 20 miles and clutch was good (the car had other problems) so I was supprised that it did not work as well in my exmo.

First thing I found was that the  mounting provided by robin hooh had the cable outer stop nearer to the peddle than in the doner, a stack of washers helped.

Then a couple of years later I came across a stall with a full selection of pawls for the ford pedal and fitted the largest (black as they were colour coded) and it transformed the gear change.

Edited by IanS
spelling

The s7 pedal box is terrible as originally designed and has a lot of flex, enough to cause issues the the clutch not working correctly, no matter how much you adjust it.  Initially i added 2 braces from top of pedal box front plate to the firewall,  which sorted the flex on braking, but then needed to brace the clutch pedal assembly to the front plate too.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:23 PM, IanS said:

I had the same problem and built the car with the same pedal setup and clutch from the doner but it never worked well.

I only drove the doner about 20 miles and clutch was good (the car had other problems) so I was supprised that it did not work as well in my exmo.

First thing I found was that the  mounting provided by robin hooh had the cable outer stop nearer to the peddle than in the doner, a stack of washers helped.

Then a couple of years later I came across a stall with a full selection of pawls for the ford pedal and fitted the largest (black as they were colour coded) and it transformed the gear change.