Seats

Jon

If the top mounts go to a single point directly behind the seat cut out then they should be OK but would almost certainly mean moving the top mountings on the chassis. 

When the harness is fitted and put under a forwards load, like in a crash, they mustn't put any load in to the seat. This might mean that even if the harnesses go either side of the headrest, the mountings will still be respaced. 

5 hours ago, Jon said:

Thanks Richy I think I'll leave these seats. And look for alternatives.

I may go down the FX bucket seats route if there not to wide 

Theres lots to choose from 

Screenshot_20200707-001209_eBay.jpg

these are to wide for my mk2 as i was going to buy the same ones 

Seat width is a real problem - I have the GT chassis for my Zero (probably the widest you can get of any kit chassis?) and I struggled. Bucket seats are fine but anything with padding and especially recliner mechanisms are unlikely to fit. Be very careful when measuring and don't forget to allow for the seatbelt bolts - they stick out a fair way.

In the end, I had to pay for Intatrim which are lovely and fit perfectly but £500 a pair 😬

6 hours ago, nelmo said:

Seat width is a real problem - I have the GT chassis for my Zero (probably the widest you can get of any kit chassis?) and I struggled. Bucket seats are fine but anything with padding and especially recliner mechanisms are unlikely to fit. Be very careful when measuring and don't forget to allow for the seatbelt bolts - they stick out a fair way.

In the end, I had to pay for Intatrim which are lovely and fit perfectly but £500 a pair 😬

Thanks nelmo it's hard to believe that they were designed to take a sierra seat.

I think I'll be going the same way with the bucket seats. I got time to find a pair as it's going to take 12 months to put right what's been done low standard on this car.🤯